Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School Student Council develops students' leadership skills by learning how to effectively plan, communicate and work with the student body, faculty and administration of the school. Student Council Members proudly represent and promote Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School while strengthening the traits of good citizenship.
The mission is accomplished by doing the following:
- The four eighth grade officers meet once every two weeks
- The entire Student Council, grades 4-8, meet once a month
- All members share in the planning, promoting and working of the school dances, fundraisers and Catholic Schools Week.
- All members maintain high standards of individual responsibility, cooperation and maturity among the school and its community.
Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School Student Council positions and job requirements include:
- Student Body President: Plans and leads all meetings; works closely with the Student Council Moderator to create meeting agendas and strengthen organizational skills and communication skills.
- Student Body Vice President: Runs meetings when the president is not present.
- Student Body Secretary: Takes minutes at meetings on what is discussed; writes thank you cards to chaperones for school dances from and on behalf of the Student Council.
- Student Body Treasurer: Counts funds made from school dances and other fundraisers; keeps record of profits.
- Class Representatives: Attend monthly meetings and report back to their homerooms and their designated younger class to update the student body about upcoming events; voice concerns, questions and ideas that their fellow classmates have.